HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY
IES Private Medical Center serves as a model of unrivalled quality standards of medical services which also encompass the professionalism of the medical staff; physicians and nurses, and the comfort and humanitarian treatment they offer patients.
Every joint is subjected to tremendous loads from walking, physical activity and conveying heavy loads.
A number of diseases (e.g. arthrosis), as well as age-related changes, can lead to disrupted function of the hip joint. Preservative treatments of inflammatory and degenerative processes do not eliminate their cause, have a transient effect and considerable side effects, narrowing indications for their long-term use. Endoprosthesis is capable of permanently solving the problem and ensures the normal functioning of the joint. The principal indications for hip replacement surgery in Israel are:
- Age-related changes in the hip joint and the emergence of progressive arthrosis. Degenerative cartilage modifications lead to increased friction at articular surfaces, causing chronic aseptic (non-infectious) joint inflammation, accompanied by increased pain while walking. Consequences of osteoarthritis and age-related changes are the primary indication for a routine replacement
- After-effects of rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis and infectious diseases
- Traumatic disorders, specifically hip fracture. The majority of hip fractures, in both young and older individuals, is accompanied by a displacement of the femoral head, which causes acute disturbance of blood supply and risk of necrosis. Risk of post-traumatic avascular necrosis of the femoral head is an indication for hip surgery in patients of all ages.
- Non-traumatic circulatory joint disorders
- Cell tumor originating from bone or joint capsule
Medical experts at IES Private Medical Center developed an individual patient screening program with the aim of outlining indications for surgical treatment. The main diagnostic methods for hip-joint diseases in Israel are the following:
- Different Radiographic Projections
- Hip Joint Ultrasonography (USG)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Angiography employing a contrast agent
- Isotope bone scan
- Diagnostic perforation
- Blood and synovial fluid analysis for diagnosis of inflammation or other pathologic process
Orthopedists at "IES" Private Medical Center guarantee a personalized approach for each case of hip surgery, providing complete information about recommended surgery and the advantages and disadvantages of each method. Top-quality professionalism and accountability for the treatment outcomes are the fundamentals of IES.